Virtual volunteering is a convenient way to help Monroe Harding and all those that we serve. There are many different types of fun tasks that can be done remotely to let your skills shine!
Letters and Notes of Support
We have around 50 foster youth and 36 independent living adults. Our youth need a strong support system, and many do not have that outside of the Monroe Harding staff and other caseworkers, so extra encouragement is greatly appreciated!!
- Send or create a card
- Draw a picture or mini book
- Send an email or video message
- To participate, send an email to email@example.com and we will send the address on where to mail the letters and it will then be forwarded to our foster youth or young adults.
Social Media sharing and support
Monroe Harding would love for the good news and resiliency of our youth to be spread far and wide.
- Make sure that you like us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- To participate, like and share our posts or create your own post sharing about your donation and volunteering experiences.
Peer to peer fundraising
We would love to help donors and volunteers create their own fundraisers that reach their family and friends. We are happy to help you craft a story and needs based on what is most meaningful to them: foster care, aging out of foster care, victim survivors, educational and job support… the list goes on!
Create a fun campaign to challenge others to get involved. Anyone remember the ice bucket challenge?! How about getting the whole family involved in pushups for every dollar donated. Perhaps giving up a bad habit if a certain dollar amount is raised! One thing we know for sure is that creative fundraisers do really well!
- Host a virtual Happy Hour or other live event. Monroe Harding staff can join to share about our programs!
- Become a Big Payback ambassador during the 24 hour fundraiser event on May 6th-7th.
- Online Supply Drives (Amazon Wishlists etc.)
- E-Gift cards are always in high need. (Amazon, NES, Kroger/Walmart gift cards)
To volunteer or request more information, contact: Amy Bond, Engagement and Special Events Coordinator
Volunteer@monroeharding.org or 629.777.1035