Youth Connections is a resource center for young men and women, ages 16-26, who are currently in or have aged out of foster care or state custody.
Ways We Support Our Youth
Assistance with Employment
- resume writing
- job coaching / interview coaching
- internship placements
- job shadowing
- assistance completing apartment applications
- understanding credit scores and how to strengthen them
High School Equivalency/GED classes
- tutoring for HISET tests
- access to computers for sample questions
Post-Secondary Education Planning
- ACT prep
- college application help
- guidance finding financial aid and scholarships
- trade school applications
Sexual Health Education
- The Sisterhood – a peer support group for young women to discuss what’s happening in their lives.
- Volunteer led classes open to females
Financial Education Classes
- Our Opportunity Passport ™ classes provides a financial toolkit of knowledge for the future. Matched savings accounts are available with regular attendance.
In addition to our core classes, we also have a great location in downtown Nashville where youth can hang out, shoot pool, make a snack, or use the computer lab to research jobs, check email, Facebook, etc. All program participants have access to laundry facilities and showers and can also pick up personal hygiene and small household items from the free thrift store.
If you are a provider or a young person who is interested in our programs, please complete this form:
Youth Connections, Monroe Harding
McKendree United Methodist Church, Third Floor
523 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37219
For more information about Youth Connections, request information on the Contact page.
From the Blog
As Father's Day approaches, it makes us think about the role models who made the difference in our lives. The power of one strong adult relationship is a key ingredient in resilience and can change a child's life forever. A kind word, a nod of encouragement, an honest...read more