Adult Education Coordinator
Who We Are Looking For
Monroe Harding is searching for an Education Coordinator to provide support and assistance to young adults working to continue and complete their education. The Education Coordinator manages all parts of Adult Basic Education, Hiset, Post-secondary, and tutoring programs.
Responsibilities of the Education Coordinator
- Work directly with all of Monroe Harding’s current clients who are in college or planning to attend college
- Build relationships with appropriate staff at technical schools, colleges and universities
- Arrange internal and external tutoring sessions
- Assist students with applications and FAFSA completion
- Schedule appointments to complete initial college discussions and tours
- Take students to tour schools of interests
- Take students to orientation
- Demonstrate college LMS and website access to students
- Assist with obtaining school IDs, books, schedules
- Help students arrange on campus tutoring and/or counseling sessions
- Help students obtain documents for school (tax records, immunization records, transcripts)
- Communicate with caseworkers about college progress
- Check-in weekly with all students
- Be aware of deadlines (FAFSA, application, course withdrawal, purge dates, etc.) and communicate to students
- Identify and assist with barriers to success
- Encourage students throughout the semester
- Document all obstacles and progress in Monroe Hardin’s data base.
Adult Basic Education, online high school, and Hiset Students
- Assist students with the intake process
- Request transcripts and previous school records as needed
- Assess students to determine best fit (ABE, Hiset, or online high school diploma program)
- Advise students on ways to improve their learning and test scores.
- Evaluate student performance
- Recognize student problems and assist youth in overcoming those educational barriers.
- Engage youth in learning and class participation.
- Communicate student progress with education team as well as youth and caseworkers if applicable.
- Evaluate educational outcomes weekly and document that information in database.
- Contact youth, with poor attendance to inquire about barriers or issues that are preventing youth from attending class.
- Assist with the recruitment of youth for classes.
- Schedule and confirm official Hiset tests for all enrolled students.
- Select method of instruction and teaching materials for each student. Plan individualized lessons that meet the needs of the students.
- Incorporate appropriate community resources into teaching.
- Represent Monroe Harding at appropriate education related workshops and initiatives.
What we expect in an Education Coordinator at Monroe Harding
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences or related field. One year teaching experience required. Two to three years’ experience in working with older teens and/or young adults required.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of science, history, political science, psychology, sociology, anthropology, geography, and economics.
- Knowledge of College and Career Readiness Standards.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and effective disorders.
- Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
- Knowledge of teaching and instructional methods; differentiated learning methods knowledge preferred.
Applicants must pass thorough background check and drug screen. Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $50,000
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available (90% coverage paid by Monroe Harding for the employee)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off package
- 401k (Monroe Harding will match up to 4%)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and training
Monroe Harding is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete the Online Application