Foster Care Case Manager
The Foster Care Case Manager will provide resources to foster care children, birth families and foster families collaborating with DCS to insure the children’s’ needs are met to permanency (reunification or adoption).
Responsibilities of the Case Manager
Along with other duties, the Case Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Assess the individual needs of foster children and obtain available social, rehabilitative, and treatment services to meet those needs.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review individual treatment plans of all youth served.
- Serve as advocate and liaison between the youth, families and community partners.
- Participate in all service planning meetings involving the youth and family as well as attending all court hearings and continuous quality improvement meetings.
- Maintain Quality case records and written reports by completing our necessary state and agency requirements within mandated time frames.
- Assess and ensure that the educational, mental and physical needs of foster youth are met.
- Conduct face to face visits and cellphone calls to all youth, birth and foster families as outlined in policies.
- Assist resource parents in establishing and implementing behavior, self-help, and independent living goals set for each youth.
- Provide crisis intervention services when needed.
- Participate in oncall rotation.
What we expect in a Case Manager at Monroe Harding
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of one-year experience working in foster care. Applicants for this job must pass thorough background check. Must have valid TN driver’s license.
- Knowledge and skill in working with children and youth with mental health, substance abuse, family violence and poverty issues.
- A developing knowledge and skill in working with the evolving Child Welfare system and its legal mandates.
- Knowledge of social work theory and practice methods and their application to children and families.
- Knowledge of community agencies and services available to the client population.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to service recipient cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Ability to use sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work after hours if needed.
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Ability to Build Rapport
- Time Management
- Conflict Management
- Ability to Discuss Difficult Topics
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $40,000
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available (90-100% coverage paid by Monroe Harding for the employee)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off package
- 401k (Monroe Harding will match up to 4%)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and training
Complete the Online Application